Four changes are being proposed to the NSW Water Management (General) Regulation 2018 Act relating to Floodplain Harvesting.
These changes have already been disallowed by the NSW Legislative Council twice.
Please make a quick online submission objecting to these changes here
3. Do you support the proposed amendments to give effect to floodplain harvesting licence determination?
4. Do you support the proposed amendments to give effect to the Floodplain Harvesting Measurement Policy?
5. Do you support the proposed floodplain harvesting transitional exemption?
6. Do you support the proposed exemption for tailwater drains?
7. Attachments to support your submission.
Attach any additional information in document form – optional
If you’d like more information go to the Departments website here
If you’d like to email a more detailed submission to email@example.com download our simple submission guide here.
— THANK YOU —
Without the contribution from the Darling system the Murray river can never, ever continue supplies to South Australia.
Without the contribution from the Darling system the Murray river can never, ever continue to supply South Australia.
Floodplain Harvesting is totally unsustainable in our inland river systems.
Flooding and natural flows recharge the ground waters which keep our inland environment and communities alive.
If flood plain harvesting is allowed to continue it will kill our inland.
All the Environment is meant to be connected. What is bad for one part of the Environment upstream, also affects downstream. The Lower lakes and Coorong Environment does not have enough water due to over allocation and extraction upstream. Flood plain harvesting is one of these and must be stopped. We need responsible and honest decisions made by the leaders elected to represent us, not qhat has been happening.